- HK Company Registration
- HK Bank Account Opening
- Hong Kong Annual Return
- Hong Kong Tax Return
- HK Shelf Company Trading
- Hong Kong Company Change
- HK Trademark Registration
Hong Kong Profits Tax is territorial in nature and only profits which have, or which are deemed to have, a Hong Kong source are subject to Profits Tax. If a Hong Kong company is established in such a manner that it does not carry on business in Hong Kong or if it generates profits which have a non Hong Kong source the company can book income without incurring a Profits Tax liability.
Hong Kong Company Profits Tax-Basic Requirements
To be liable to Hong Kong Profits Tax a company must meet three basic tests as set out by the Privy Council in the Hang Seng Bank case. These tests are:
1. The company must be carrying on a trade, profession or business in Hong Kong;
2. The company must be generating profits from that trade, profession or business of a type which are subject to Profits Tax, for example, trading profits or commission as opposed to non taxable capital gains or dividends; and
3. Those profits must have a Hong Kong source.
Hong Kong Company Profits Tax-Profits Tax Rate
The current profits tax rate is 16.5% on assessable profits. All companies are subject to the same profits tax rate irrespective of their residential status.
Hong Kong Company Profits Tax-Tax Filing Requirements and Deadlines
The IRD of Hong Kong generally issues the corporate profits tax returns on the 1st of April every year. Normally, profits tax return should be filed within 1 month from the date of issue. The company has to file and complete the tax return together with the following supporting documents:
1. A certified copy of the Balance Sheet, Auditor’s Report and Profit & Loss Account pertaining to the basis period.
2. A tax computation with supporting schedules showing how the amount of Assessable Profits (or Adjusted Loss) has been arrived at.
3. Other documents and information as specified in the Notes and Instructions of the profits tax return.
If you have further queries, you are always welcome to contact xincheng anytime, anywhere by simply visiting xincheng’s website http://www.xincheng.com/, or calling China hotline at 86-755-82683292, or 86-13699772175, or emailing to email@example.com. You are also welcome to visit our Shenzhen office located at Room 1116A-1117, Building B, Pacific Business Building, No.4028, Jiabing Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen China